Monday, August 13, 2012

You're Invited


I thought sharing my wedding invitations would be an appropriate first post. This isn't supposed to be a frilly wedding planning blog, but I'm pretty darn proud of them.

Here's the real reason I'm starting this blog. I want to make some sort of attempt to document and share one of the most significant life transitions I've ever made, and that transition just so happens to center around getting married. And leaving my own career in order to support his - something way scarier than I ever thought it would be until I started!


The wedding planning is the easy part. Well, it's not easy, but right now it's keeping me sane because it gives me something important to do. The week that I put together these invitations, it was the only job that I had. It took me a few days to tie all of the little ribbons holding the different cards together.
The invitation suite, prettily tied together.
It took me longer to calligraph the envelopes, and I think my hand was cramped for an extra week after! 

After that cramping, how could I not show off my calligraphy?
Overall, I was pleased with the final product. It announced our upcoming wedding in a beautiful and classy way. The mad-lib response cards that I included made them quirky and fun, too. (Plus, those have been really enjoyable to get back in the mail so far!)

The invitation and response card.
It was exciting to finally haul them all off to the post office to mail them out. It made everything real, an announcement to our guests and the world that hey, this is happening. 

Completed invitations, all ready to be mailed!
Of course, this isn't the only event that has made everything feel real to me. I'm reminded over and over that I'm out of the military, I'm getting married, I don't have a new job yet, I'm going to be a step mom. The list goes on and on. I look forward to sharing all of this, struggles and triumphs alike.

All photos personal. Invitation design personal. Invitations printed by Aper + Pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...