Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Memorable Journey

Or: A "Sequel" to the Chronicle of The Move

I've been living in California for about half a year now, and I'm just now getting around to finishing up my little summary of our move. Oops?

To be honest, I really don't think there's much more to it. I wanted to spend more than one blog post talking about the last leg of our trip, which consisted of a nice stay in San Diego, a longer-than-expected stay in Los Angeles, and finally, our drive up the coast to lovely Monterey. Most of those details have been somewhat lost in memory, though.

What hasn't been lost in memory yet was a completely different journey, happening simultaneously. One that took place inside me, which was totally weird but kind of awesome at the same time.


Pregnancy certainly wasn't what I would call fun, but I didn't have a very difficult pregnancy either. I didn't have a lot of morning sickness, but I was very tired in the first and third trimesters. I was also pretty uncomfortable the last month, but that was to be expected too.

Now that I'm three months in to my son's life, and I'm mostly recovered from having my world turned upside down, it's fun to reflect on just how much of a journey the two of us have made.

First, I got HUGE. I only took a few quick photos of progress, but the difference is pretty significant.


The difference that only 10 weeks time made shocks me now! 

I also had professional photos taken at 35 weeks, courtesy of my mother.


I had these done just barely in the nick of time, as my labor started less than a week later. What boggles my mind is what I would have looked like had we gone full term! Not to mention how gigantic my baby would have been!

What I think is even more incredible than the change in size is the change in my baby! He was so different from what I expected when he was born. The picture doesn't really tell the story. He has a very real personality that is developing more all of the time, and of course, it's nothing like what I predicted based on his little kicks and stretches that I felt while he was still on the inside.


I think he might be a completely different person every month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...