Saturday, February 9, 2013

Krispy Kremes: Apparently they make me grouchy.

With today's post, I have reduced the amount of time between writing by over five months! Last time, it took me 171 days between posts, and this time, it only took me nine days! That is 1900% improvement. Just sayin'.

Now that I'm essentially a homemaker (I hate that term, but there are worse ways of describing it), I find myself feeling obligated to do whatever my husband wants to do. Take this weekend, for instance. A few weeks ago, he decided he wanted to run the Krispy Kreme Challenge. This is an event which I feel is fundamentally disgusting. Although kudos does go to the event for raising $177K for charity, I still can't stand the idea of downing a dozen doughnuts in the middle of a 5-mile run. Actually, right now I don't like the idea of doing either of those things!

Racers gathered at Start/Finish line (Personal Photo)
It could have been a lot of fun. But I was a grouch, because I didn't want to be there. There were lots of people in fun costumes! It was also early in the morning and the temperature was pretty close to freezing. 

The worst thing is, I really didn't have to go. I could have said that I didn't want to wake up before 5:00 a.m. to drive up to Raleigh. But I said that I wanted to, because I wanted to spend some time with him. It's no secret to me that a military job takes up a lot of hours in the week, and this past week, I saw even less of my husband than normal. It's true that I wanted the time with him. I also didn't want to go. 

I feel a bit guilty now, because although I spent time going to his race, I didn't have a positive attitude, and it was far from being quality time. 

Hopefully the rest of this weekend will improve. Maybe we will manage to do something together that we both can enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...