Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Job Search

I will not let the word "unemployed" define me.

Likewise, I shouldn't let any other job titles define me. But it's something that we, as human beings, have a very strong tendency to do. Our minds like to categorize everything - it makes the world we live in easier to understand.

But I'm not planning on talking about psychology today. I'm planning on talking about my personal quest for meaningful work. Right now, that comes in the very simple form of finding a job that pays enough to get me out of the house. I do believe that being a "homemaker" can be very important and meaningful, but at this point in my life (sans-children) I am pretty certain it's not for me.
Source
Tomorrow and Friday, I will be attending the Service Academy Career Conference in Savannah, GA. I'm very much looking forward to it, and I'm also very, very nervous. One of the awesome things about this conference is that in order to pre-register, each applicant was required to submit a resumé in advance. I've already been contacted by several companies. Although I was already researching many of the companies that will be attending, I've been even more motivated to research the ones that expressed interest.

Everyone says that the best way to land an interview (and eventually a job) is to network, network, network. This is probably going to be the best place to do just that!

I'll update you on how it went next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...